How can I use the webserver?

@crossan007 @Noki

How can I use it? No message sending or receiving is happening.

There are instructions on the place you got this from, but this is not yet a supported feature.

It’s got quite a bit more before it’s ready.

Can you please provide me the link of the page of the instruction?

there is no solution to the problem I am facing on the page

To clarify what MC is saying: this feature is still in development and not yet officially supported.

Then how the following is given in the documentation page?

How the message sending and receiving is done here?

@aricric
You seem like to ask questions about the same problem even after they told you that the web server is not finished yet, and as always you know that nothing works if it is not finished as work but is still in development …

I ask you a question; If the project is in development phase, and not finished yet, what documentation do you want?!!! So we can understand :face_with_monocle:
An other way fo you is to contribute to the project so we can have everything documented by you, nobody stops you the project is open source :wink:

(Anyway the web server has been made available to try it or better say test it, to express ideas what doesn’t work and what needs to be improved with some suggestions also, not just to ask questions why this doesn’t work why that doesn’t work why why why…)

@TitanTronics I found something in the documentation which is working, but I was unable to run that, that’s why I asked. It was my genuine query. I am new to this community as well as github, so I couldn’t understand it is still in development phase. Even that GIF in the documentation is showing it’s working. My intention is to not to disturb anyone here

3 Likes

You are more than welcome to join and help this community. :slightly_smiling_face:

There are lots of features, that are available, but not yet tested or fully implemented. The latest status can be followed here: https://meshtastic.discourse.group/t/want-to-help-alpha-test-this-build-1-1-23-addresses-isseues-found-in-1-1-20

1 Like

@CycloMies Thank you so much for understanding. I will start contributing with a Python GUI for communication very soon…

8 Likes

Nice @aricric
This is the right spirit it takes to contribute to the project …:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
(I was a little rigid with you above :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::smiling_imp:)

4 Likes

Rock on. Thank you!

Welcome!

2 Likes

hello there. I want to try to install the webserver on my Debian. I understand it is not yet finished but trying to work with it would put in evidence any possible issue. Any suggestion to install? Thanks in advance for you undertanding.
IZ0DZX

1 Like

look forward to the work here on the wifi ap/web and not the BT/phone app route that needs location turned on 24/7 to work… deal breaker for me

1 Like

@Black6spdZ,

Location has not to be turned on, if you connect your node to your phone with the USB cable (OTG adapter is needed). Thereby, as Bluetooth is not needed, you don’t need to give access to location services either. :slightly_smiling_face:

don’t feel like walking around the house with a radio taped to the back of my phone to send messages through meshtastic network… this unreasonable?

You should be able to leave Meshtastic powered to a USB port and at least get a 30’ radius with your phone.

insert sarcasm here

1 Like

30’ radius is not enough, 60’ radius is better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
My phone: Yes

1 Like

Hi @aricric

have you made further progress with this?