Webserver showing nothing

Hi everybody,

First let me thank you for this nice community! I read a lot and I learn a lot on this page!
Nevertheless, I am really new to this.
I read everything (at least i hope) about meshtastic webserver usage.
I own three t-beams flashed with the latest alpha. Everything works with exception of the webserver.
As i want to try the range test plugin, i need the webserver to reach the csv file.
I can reach the .local but the only thing i see is a greenish top and bottom.
Could anybody please point me to a good direction? Otherwise i will end bald :joy:

Thanks in advance!

Lex

Did you use esphomeflasher?

Hi,

I flashed in command line as I have read one should do it this way.
Will look into esphomeflasher then :+1:t2:

Thanks for the hint!

Command line is right, once it connects to wifi there is nothing at http://meshtastic.local ?

Nope, nothing. Even after trying a zillion times :joy:

Are you using Chrome or Edge?

I tried all the browsers i found :joy:

In theory, the server is integrated in the *.bin file and should be uploaded while flashing, right?
I sometimes read that some “extra” files are needed (3?) or is that a has been with the latest FWs?

Yeah it does not work with esphome flasher, but is working for me on recent firmware in chrome. The uploading of files is the old way.

Hi,

Finally got it, the webserver is available.
What i did: apt-get upgrade of all.
Reinstalled esp and python stuff.
Changed to chromium.
Tested as a client and as AP.
Now it works (rather really slow) but the first contact was a 404; due to the /static i placed behind the ip @. (Read that somewhere)
Client seems more responsive than AP?
The secret is also to reserve some time for it :+1:t2:
The rest looks good (yet not tested).
Awesome!!!

Me again,

did someone else notice that on firmware-1.2.50.41dcfdd all the tabs of the webserver are working if the T-Beam is set as Wifi Client but if it is set as AP, mine at least, can not reach the nodes page?
After switching the T-Beam back to Client, everything worked again as planned.

Thanks guys!

Best,

Lex