How can I use the webserver?

The webserver doesn’t work for me

If you have a reproducible problem with the pre-alpha release version, please file a bug so we work on it.

The web interface is not yet live or actually supported but if you’ve tried it, it’d be cool to hear what went wrong.

I clicked on “connect to the device”, got an alert saying the device was correctly setup but then in the console there was a setInterval error

I have built a python GUI interface for PC to mobile communication.

1 Like

Nice, i searched the forum and github, but can’t find sth related… do you have a link, or isn’t it public jet? :slight_smile:

Maybe I’m just too blind to see^^

2 Likes

have you thought about implementing this into the web interface? would make chatting and device configuration non-pc specific

1 Like

The device configuration is in the development builds of the webserver that @crossan007 is working on. I’ve used it, it’s really slick.

1 Like

could we add a method to upload/update the web/spiffs files from a basic flash of the meshtastic bin? it’s a pita for most looking to use basic flash tools such as “esphome flasher” then getting the web functioning

1 Like

for instance, this functionality from esp3d project:

• Update firmware by web browser
  • Captive portal in Access point mode which redirect all unknow call to main page
  • mDNS which allows to key the name defined in web browser and connect only with bonjour installed on computer
  • SSDP, this feature is a discovery protocol, supported on Windows out of the box
  • Fail safe mode (Access point)is enabled if cannot connect to defined station at boot.
  • Embedded FS uploader and updater.

Update by web browser - file a feature request
Captive portal - that’s already done
Mdns - that’s already done
Discovery - that’s already done
Fs uploaded and update - that’s already done

We’ve been busy :slight_smile:

1 Like

what version of the webif is included with the latest spiffs-1.1.42.bin? all I see is is a link that says configure meshtastic device

1 Like

Meshtastic Web is not yet live and not included in the spiffs binary. The framework is all there to support that effort when it’s ready.

2 Likes

@drewsed and @Black6spdZ and others to whom I promised that I shall contribute my Python GUI for PC to PC communication, has completed it’s first phase. It is my Master’s thesis, so once I complete the thesis and publish the paper on QoS of LoRa in Meshtastic, I shall talk to @mc-hamster and @geeksville to upload it on the Github and for the Pull Request. Wait till May and I shall get back to you all. But now I can share a screenshot of my work so far. Wish me luck for the successfull completion of my project.

1 Like

Yes sure, but not well versed in JavaScript and node JS. will learn and contribute.

1 Like

It would be @geeksville for the Python bits. I know enough of python to be dangerous but not enough to review PRs. :expressionless:

1 Like

Super cool! congrats on the Masters btw. Happy May! Also I’d love to read the paper someday.

1 Like

Thanks for the response and I wish you success! Great project for a Thesis!

2 Likes

Hi Folks,
This is for all of you…

4 Likes