Android app 1.1.44 now up for alpha testing

Mostly to pull-in @vfurman map fixes and improvements to notifications.

Also fixes a nasty bug where if we didn’t yet have a full nodeinfo for a node, text messages from that node would be discarded.

(I also pushed an apk to github for those that can’t access the play store)

3 Likes

I’m happy because the last updates made notifications work on my S7 with stock firmware!

1 Like

after clearing the data, the application does not see the connected devices. the report was recently posted.

1 Like

hmm - if you reboot does it then see the devices?

I quit alpha testing, the problem remains
no standard methods and reboots help

Just tried updating from 1.1.34 on Device: T22_V1.1 20191212 6M, EU865 using Tablet: Huawei MediaPad Android 7.0. Icon button ghosts and update bar appears and starts to show progress but after about four minutes the update position and button both ghost. If you restart the device update button re-appears. However if you press this update button again it appears to start but the update bar shows nothing. Update seems to have completely stalled. Reported bug. The App otherwise appears fine - mapbox, messaging all working. Two new menu items - broadcast position period and device sleep - both I can edit.

1 Like

I had something similar on 1.1.42 on both of my devices and phones: Clicked the update button and when the progress bar was at around 30% it started at 0% again. I let it go and then after around 70% the device was resetted and successfully updated…

I have also seen the bluetooth update progress bar reset partly through an update w/ 1.1.42. In my case, the updates did succeed.

I think the app is really coming along nicely! I really like the new messages tab and the ability to set gps update freq.

I have also noticed issue #237. Not sure if this is intended behavior or not. I would prefer if the tab-bar remained visible with the keyboard active.

Thanks to everybody contributing to this project!

3 Likes

the progress bar now will fill twice (there are two regions in flash now). Really, one of us should fix it to just fill once.

1 Like

samsung a40 android 10, app does not connect with devices or is buggy. android 5.1.1 interface elements do not fit on the screen.

android 5.1.1 no sound in app

after updating the firmware of devices through another phone and other manipulations, android 10 sees devices.
BUT, after waking up from sleep mode, it always (twice) asks for the bluetooth pin. the report was recently sent.

P.s. thanks for the in-app notifications!

1 Like

ooh - what exact phone model is that? I think I’ll need to make an emulator instance to see that layout issue. I suspect the problem is not the android version but rather the screen resolution of that particular device.

Based on your response I’ll then use the googles to find out the resolution and pixel density of the device and then it should be easy to fix in the emulator.

Android Design: Supporting Multiple Device Resolutions for Native Apps | by Mike King | Medium)

4.5"/800x480
Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) Black (SM-J120F)

Ps: when will the update be? This version has obvious bluetooth pairing problems (Galaxy a40 only)

The settings screen is getting very crowded. @geeksville, maybe make these new fields invisible when the update is happening? I can try to fix this tomorrow…

another theme, but it would be nice to make a night theme in the application for saving energy and beauty

thanks - what’s your phone exact model? (so I can look up the screen density and resolution to be able to run it on the emulator)

when I fix @luxonn’s problem, I’ll nest the view inside a scrollable.

4.5"/800x480
Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) Black (SM-J120F)

1 Like

nothing changed with pairing recently. Some older androids (anything android 6.1 or older?) have a bluetooth bug where the pairing information can be corrupted when apps update. If you try the following I bet it will work:

• turn off bluetooth
  • in android settings - click to discard all app data for the app
  • forget any paired meshtastic devices
  • reboot
  • turn on bluetooth
  • try to repair the devices