New device and android apps available for alpha testers!

1.2.43 of the device and android apps are up on github. Once someone can post here saying the android app also works for them, I’ll push the update out the amazon appstore. (Google Play support will probably be a couple more weeks because I need to go through their new painful ‘background location process review’)

I haven’t yet looked into the reset button problem on the ttgo t-echo board but hopefully tomorrow!

Android release notes:

This is the first android release in a while… If you are not an alpha-tester you probably want the previous release for now.

• Includes 1.2.43 device firmware (for ESP-32 targets)
  • @rkuksa fixed a Russian translation typo
  • @sirgeoff added Hungarian translations!
  • @andrek added Brazillian Portugese translations!
  • @Mango-Sauce Updated the Chinese translations!
  • Fix a minor bug: don’t show the update firmware dialog if we are already in the middle of an update

Device firmware notes:

Sorry it has been so long since the last release. Thank you to the devs (listed below) who contributed to this release. If you’d like to help with documentation, coding, new-users etc… please join us on meshtastic.discourse.group.

If you are not an alpha-tester you probably don’t want this yet (stay with the current beta release).

• @claesg fixed battery level sensing on the RAK-4631!
  • @audunf improved the efficiency of message resending (#108)
  • @thebentern generalized MQTT server URLs to allow specifying an optional port number
  • @sachaw Updated the doc pointers to point readers at the spiffy doc site ya’ll made
6 Likes

The reset button seems to be working now on my T-echo’s with the new binaries posted by lilygo a few days ago, but not the wake from sleep when the other button is pressed.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

ok thanks for that @ccc - I went ahead and just blessed it on on the amazon appstore and should be up later today.

Hi @b8b8 ooh! I haven’t caught up on the various T-ECHO threads here. Would you mind doing me a favor? Couple you open a bug on meshtastic-device with your best guess at the most critical T-ECHO issue that needs addressing? ideally in that issue include “steps to reproduce” and a link to the post here where someone reported it. That would really help my ability to focus on it. I’m going to be AFK until the weekend (alas) but I should be able to spend some time on it then.

1 Like

As soon as i’m back from vacation (by the weekend) i’ll start documenting a few of the bugs on github. In the meantime im going to do some more testing on the quad helix antenna vs patch antenna up in Whistler. My backyard test didnt show the results i expected…

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Eink display improvements