Post your city map screenshot

I’m curious what the Meshtastic mesh looks like in other cities. Please post a screenshot of your map in this thread. Feel free to censor any names you want kept private.

I’ll start with mine, Calgary, AB, Canada:

3 Likes

Here it would be up to 4 nodes (when I find enough 18650 to power my 4 nodes) :see_no_evil:

Are you doing anything special to see this? Or just flash your device and go to the map screen? I don’t see anybody else locally…

Flash your device and let it run for a day or two. As it receives nodeinfo and position packets from the mesh network, the map in your app will update.

This is incredible! The biggest Meshtastic mesh I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

City of Salzburg/Austria/Europe

1 Like

how do you get that many nodes?
i have a solar device with big antenna set up high,
confirmed range -both ways- of at least 18km, overlooking around 1M people…
setup on private channel, but default modem settings.
i have a default channel device on my desk. should that not receive all default channels nodes in the area??
there is almost nothing… only 2 or 3 contacts in almost 1 year… nobody using meshtastic here? or no one on default channel?

2 Likes

Same here. Also Austria (lower austria, vienna and Carinthia on the weekends). Until now I was the only one with my four nodes in the list :wink:

Hi, we know each other, and helped them to install nodes. That’s the magic. We are some HamRadio people and another group of people with the need for emergency communication. The most of them are not very technically trained nur have good places to spread you the mesh.
And we have a big mountain at the edge of ihr City - that helps a lot.