So I am not at all proficient with the likes of command line, Python, pip etc. I did manage to get the firmware installed on a couple of TBeams using the guides however I came across a tool that has worked for me and is dead easy in Windows. If anyone else is after a quick and easy install method give my instructions a go. Keen to know if it works on Mac too. If it is acceptable I guess I can post it to the Github somehow.
Bloody awesome project going on here! I’m impressed with the community and work going into it, especially @geeksville!
- Download and unzip the Meshtastic firmware release .zip - https://github.com/meshtastic/Meshtastic-esp32/releases
- Download ESPHome Flasher (either x86-32bit Windows, x64-64 bit Windows or Mac) - https://github.com/esphome/esphome-flasher/releases
- Plug in the USB of your hardware and open ESPHome Flasher.
- If your board is not showing under Serial Port then you likely need to install the drivers for the CP210X serial chip. You can check by searching “Device Manager” and ensuring the device is shown under “Ports”.
- If there is an error, download the drivers here, then unzip and run the Installer application - https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers
- In ESPHome Flasher refresh the serial ports and select your board.
- Browse to the previously downloaded firmware and select the correct firmware based on the board type, country and frequency.
- Click Flash ESP.
- Once finished, the terminal should start displaying debug messages including the Bluetooth passphrase when you try connect from your phone (handy if you don’t have a screen).