The GUI install tool we use is pretty handy and I’d say it has allowed a lot of people to get Meshtastic installed in quick time. I reckon it would be sweet to Meshtasticize it a little. Perhaps if you know Python you might be keen to fork it and take a look. https://github.com/esphome/esphome-flasher
The main changes I see that would be handy are:
- increasing the baud rate to 921600 (would allow debug to be displayed after flashing).
- pulling the release .bin files from github (a very minor inconvenience currently but would be handy).
- improving the display of the upload progress (seems to start overwriting itself in the log screen).
- add some sweet graphics (just b’cuz).
- could add a couple of links to handy websites (eg. https://meshtastic.letstalkthis.com/, https://www.meshtastic.org/, https://meshtastic.discourse.group/).
I’m no programmer but I did dig around and found where the baud rate was set but from that point, I got no idea! I’m sure it would be trivial to the right person.
Just a thought anyway.