DM - Send Message to Individual Node

Greetings, Fantastic Project.

I am currently testing in a mountain area with several nodes that serve as relay/repeaters.
Is it possible to direct message a single user?

If not, can one setup multiple channels and still use the relay/repeater nodes for passing on the message to the final destination (all set to the same frequency)? Or is the current implementation single channel per mesh? (Like a chat room.)

Current testing equipment: Heltec LoRa 32’s with latest firmware and Android App.

Thanks,
Joyce

at a protocol level (and in the python api) that is implemented. Alas, no UI yet for it in the android app (and probably not super soon, the 1.1 tasks are I think a higher priority)

re: channels
yes, right now each node can only be on one channel. Though others have asked about letting nodes be in multiple channels at once. When we have the big pow-wow to figure out 1.1 features that might be a good one for us to pick.

1 Like

Understood. I am not at the python skill level yet, however, I have a HAM friend that can code. I will talk to him.

Thanks for the quick reply! Good fortune on the 1.1 meeting and thanks to you and all the contributors.

I am in the Northern part of 12T WQ if you need any mountain terrain testing.

1 Like