Close, but no cigar

Thanks to everyone working on this project.

I purchased two TTGO T-beam boards and have soldered on the OLED. Both boards boot up, but here’s my first clue - does the 1.0 - rc 9 EU mean it is some type of European board?

Options appear to come up in the boot sequence - but I can’t access them.

At no time does a Bluetooth identifier come up. But, both boards come up with an identifier I can see under Wifi.

and

Neither board shows up as a Bluetooth device. (I’m running a Samsung Note 10+)

I am running Meshtastic on Windows 10 version 1.2.90 and here are the results of a test on two nodes hooked up via USB.

Neither board shows up for any mobile device in the bluetooth pairing menu. It does not show in Meshtastic app or in the Android BT menu.

Unfortunately, I’m at a stand still. I tried to install the Meshtastic-Flasher, but even after installing Python, the Flasher says it cannot find it.

I’m stuck… any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Those devices came with SoftRF pre-installed (a drone collision avoidance system), you still need to install meshtastic Using Meshtastic Flasher | Meshtastic

Thanks for the reply. That would explain all the other problems of communicating that I am having.

I downloaded Python and ran it… it seems to run fine.

I downloaded Meshtastic-Flash and I come up with the following error. I copied all the files from Python into the same subdirectory as Meshtastic-Flash, but this is the error that I got. Also, I copied the python.exe to py.exe and to python3.exe thinking that maybe there was a naming convention issue. This is my error.

When you say “I downloaded Python and ran it… it seems to run fine.” does that mean that you installed Python and in a command line successfully ran “ python3 --version” per the instructions from Using Meshtastic Flasher | Meshtastic ?

The tool needs for your Python installation to be installed as it was, not with files moved around to different directories. You should be able to type that python3 command no matter your present working directory and get a response. If you are still having issues I’d be interested in more info about what you saw when installing Python.

I got it running and have flashed two T beams… At this point, I’m pairing on and off with both T beams… I have not gotten both of them to relay messages, yet… but, at least I have successfully flashed both of the units.

Thanks for the help!