New to TTGO and lost

Just received my node. I purchased 3 of them. I got the screens soldered on batteries in. They boot up and are discoverable via bluetooth. They will connect but then will time out. I have looked around a bit. They are running version 1.0.0. I have downloaded Python and trying to figure out how to update these. I am dumb when it comes to trying to write any code.

Any help is greatly appreciated

This is good place to start

If you are using the android app some 1.0 nodes can be updated there as well.

I agree with garth. You will probably need to update to latest firmware. I too had problems pairing when running v. 1.0.0. With the new firmware everything worked fine.

Good luck!

Finally got to the meshtastic flasher to work. This is what’s coming up

Detecting chip type…

ESP32

Chip is ESP32-D0WDQ6-V3 (revision 3)

Features: WiFi, BT, Dual Core, 240MHz, VRef calibration in efuse, Coding Scheme None

Crystal is 40MHz

MAC: 30:c6:f7:24:96:98

Uploading stub…

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/Users/mikepauciullo/meshtastic-flasher/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/meshtastic_flasher/esptool_form.py”, line 70, in run

esptool.main(command)

File “/Users/mikepauciullo/meshtastic-flasher/venv/bin/esptool.py”, line 4710, in main

esp = esp.run_stub()

File “/Users/mikepauciullo/meshtastic-flasher/venv/bin/esptool.py”, line 891, in run_stub

self.mem_block(stub[field][from_offs:to_offs], seq)

File “/Users/mikepauciullo/meshtastic-flasher/venv/bin/esptool.py”, line 755, in mem_block

return self.check_command(“write to target RAM”, self.ESP_MEM_DATA,

File “/Users/mikepauciullo/meshtastic-flasher/venv/bin/esptool.py”, line 505, in check_command

raise FatalError.WithResult(‘Failed to %s’ % op_description, status_bytes)

esptool

FatalError

:

Failed to write to target RAM (result was 01070000: Operation timed out)

What OS are you using?

MacOS Monterey 12.2.1

You may have to use the install script to update a v 1.0 device Flashing ESP32 devices firmware | Meshtastic

You also may need a usb to serial driver