USB Port doesn't recognize T-Beam Meshtastic both for flashing and for arduino

I am trying to flash my current T-Beam Meshtastic and then upload some arduino code into it with the hopes of receiving lora packets from another node through Lora p2p.
Anyways, my USB that I used to flash other RAK 4631 board doesn’t seem to recognize the T-beam for some reason. Are there any special drivers I need to download for the USB to detect them?
Furthermore, I just want to confirm if I am using the wrong board manager. I have a LILYGO T-BEAM Mestastic that says MODEL Lora32 on the front of the board.

Thanks.

Make sure you are using Chrome if you are using the meshtastic flashing site. Use a windows machine also. Then computer should throw up a message when flashing to chose the device. You have to press and hold one of the button when plugging it into the computer (this takes several attempts for me) - else the device will not be flashed - which is shown by the fact that the flasher debug data does not progress. No clue if that helps…

I have tried that. I have 2 T-Beams, the one in the picture and the other one is a TTGO board without an OLED, where both of them essentially fall under the T-Beam category. I can flash the other T-Beam without a problem but not this one. I don’t think it a problem with the port since the device and led powers up when I connect it to the port.

I have three dead T-beams. They can just break. I am slowly coming to the view that they are so fragile that they absolutely need a case and in fact I just have stopped carrying them around and am using a T-echo. Once they work I leave them be. Good luck.

The device works perfectly fine on it’s own. It powers up, charges, and the OLED works like a charm. I can also connect to it through the meshtastic device.