Android app - new releases!

I got a crash on 1st time trying it after upgrade, I was selecting which node, alternating between two nodes to make sure both were selectable, 2nd time opens and runs well - My phone is a Xiaomi Mi Mix2s if you see it in analytics, let me know if you need anything from me

1 Like

ooh - thanks for the report I’ll look tonight!

0.6.6 released. I think it has a good chance of fixing all of the autobugs reported over the last two weeks. Only in google play alpha and beta test groups for now. Will take a few hours to get through google.

Changes since 0.6.5:

1 Like

Just got it installed on my HTC 10 and so far things are looking great! I am seeing message propagation between the Tx phone and Tx radio nearly instantly, radio to radio firmware are both on .6.4 so that latency remains the same, but it appears, even with the phone screen off, the propagation from the Rx TTGO to the attached Rx Android seemed quick, (though there doesn’t seem to be any Android system notification)

1 Like

0.6.8 released (the first ‘beta’ release - woot!) to alpha and beta tester groups! (use google play if you can otherwise github releases has it). In a few days I’ll promote it to production and it will go out to all google users.

• Thanks to @neklan for adding Japanese translations
  • Add GUI for message delivery/status notifications. Will show a cloud icon with checkmark when delivered, empty cloud for in the mesh but not yet delivered, cloud with uparrow for waiting to upload to device
  • Make a Soyes XS phone work - the root cause was an old google bluetooth bug - might help some other phones also
  • Don’t put duplicate entries into the bluetooth scan screen
  • Allow devices to specifiy a minimum app version, if app is too old force an upgrade. This will be useful for some device updates that are coming next week.
  • fix a few rare autobugs
  • Change to use the ‘new’ phone API - devices have supported this API for a long time, but now I default to use it. This will make some future changes easier
3 Likes

CQ CQ, thought I would give this another go this evening. Am I doing something really dumb with pairing? Can’t connect to a beam or heltec, firmwares and app all updated 20 minutes ago. Best regards Gary

0.7.0 released to alpha/beta test groups. Hotfix release to fix:

0.7.2 released to alpha/beta test groups. Fix a couple more autobugs - exposed based on a lot of new users…

(No need for our new brave alpha-testers to rush to get this build and report on it - because it is a small change and clearly better than 0.7.0)

0.7.2 doesn’t recieve a message frome device. Send - ok, oled show message, but nothing in app.

2 Likes

Thanks Eugene - I’ll look into this most urgently this morning.

This is a huge improvement over previous 0.7.x releases - all focused on BLE reliability improvements. Thanks everyone (especially the alpha testers) for helping work through this. You should also update the device code.

• @lgx contributed his first feature - you can now change between four LoRa radio configs as part of the Channel (long range really slow, short range fast, etc…)
  • Don’t autoselect BLE devices if the user has selected ‘none’
  • Fix one case where the radio would be disconnected, but the GUI would not be updated to show that
  • Back to back BLE writes could overrwrite previous packets
1 Like

@geeksville I just installed 0.7.80 and made a bug report. On my tbeams running 0.7.8 the app icon always shows disconnected even after I have successfully paired. All my devices did pair. However they seem to disappear after a few minutes and it’s difficult to get them back. They do look to be meshed okay.

0.7.80 Android release notes

• @lgx added the beginnings of a menu, which right now shows application version number, but he has cool plans for the future.
  • Don’t crash if a node sends a latitude > 90 deg (also I fixed the underlying device bug)
  • Fix various autobugs reported via google (mostly unseen by users)

Video from @lgx :star_struck:

1 Like

I have version 7.8.0 installed. On the map section the map show, but, does not show the location of the device. Just wanted to check if this feature is still in development, or, if I have something configured incorrectly?

@colgon This feature seems to be operational. I can see my the two devices on the maps. Check first that you have a GPS connection. This might display on your device(s) as “GPS ok”. If that is good then, zoom in as far as you can go over the area your device is located, it should then show. If this doesn’t help, let us know and a more knowledgeable member might be able to offer you assistance.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. After a bit more playing about I found if I take the T beam outside rather than in the window. Was good to check that it should have been working.

2 Likes

Would you mind sharing a sneak peak for screens of Android app? Using the similar or same UI would be good for iOS app. Unfortunately I don’t have an Android phone. If up-to-date screenshots already exist, that would be fine as well.

1 Like

There are fairly up to date screenshots in the /images directory of the GitHub Android project.

1 Like

0.9.2 of the android app is now in production.

Changes:

• @gkelly Fixed a subtle security bug that could have caused leakage of channel keys if you clicked on the channel URL in a browser.
  • @lgx Fixed message time displays
  • Fix the famous “sometimes the first message sent is doubled” bug
  • Fix a few places where log message accidentially included macaddrs (which could leak (slightly) personal identifying information (PII) into crash reports)
  • Fix an auto bug which could affect Samsung phones that had LOTS of boot actions registered
4 Likes

ok - I just built a 1.0 release and placed it on github. (The play store will stay at 0.9.9 until my next release, but it is essentially identical)

Changes:

• @lux for some fixes to the Spanish translation
  • Work around a Samsung bug in their BLE scanning. Now Samsung devices should work well.
5 Likes