We're back in the Android Play Store!

Happy to announce our return to the Play Store!

Big thanks to everyone involved in this long journey. Special thanks to our awesome video team for all the help, couldn’t have done it without you all!

Starting full rollout of version 1.2.52 into production and newer pre-release versions into the beta program next. Should be available soon.

15 Likes

This is amazing. It’ll make adoption for everyday folks easier!

1 Like

Huge props to everyone on our video team!

They read through google’s requirement, refined a script, asked all the right questions and challenged us when we were being little tight wads.

If you haven’t already seen it, check it out! (And subscribe to our YouTube channel while you’re at it )

3 Likes

Great news! I originally side loaded Meshtastic from Amazon App Store. Don’t know if it’s any advantage to now download from Google Play, updates etc., but I’m going to uninstall and reinstall app from Google Play. At least it will show up in Installed and Library and updates might be easier. After I downloaded from Play store I suddenly got the “Update” option on my phone. This was not on the sideloaded version. More good news.

2 Likes

Yes, the Play store version will get automatic updates. It’s easier and more convenient now.

2 Likes

Works great on my two android devices!

1 Like

Amazing work, so glad it’s back on the play store.

1 Like