3 identical nodes, all different configs . .

Hi Folks,

I’ve got 3 brand new Lilygo T3S3 units, all loaded with Alpha.2.3.5 build (I did try the latest Beta first). I can link to them in the Meshtastic app via BT, and can push messages across the mesh, so they seem fully functional.

However, in the Node panel in the Meshtastic app, they each appear to be configured differently (e.g. only one shows its FW build, only another shows SNR and RSSI, etc) and I can’t figure out why this is and how to address this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks - screen cap below -

There is nothing to address, the snr and rssi are collected on receive so are only available for direct connections, only the connected node knows firmware version.

Hi Garth,

I’ve connected to each of these devices via Bluetooth, and they are connected to the mesh, so I would have expected that the connected node and direct connection you mention would be met. Can you clarify how to attain “direct connection” and “connected node”. Or, is there documentation on what the Meshtastic app displays and how it displays it?

Thanks,

Art

The App itself, only connects to one node at a time via Bluetooth (although other connection options exist, like serial, and wifi)

… even if connect the app to each node, it still only one at time. looks like the one with the Star is the connected node.

The other nodes are actully connected via the ‘mesh’ over Lora. The app gets less details about Lora connected nodes (they might not even be your nodes)
… and is also why show less details, but also why they have RSSI/SNI, becuase it is via Lora.

The nodes in the list are the nodes the connected node knows about (itself and ones its contacted over Lora!)

ITs not a list of nodes the app has contacted via Bluetooth

btw the reason that node 2 shows signal strength and node 3 doesnt, is probaly becayuse node 2 has recently contacted node 1 so the signal is remembered.

Node 3 → 1 was longer ago, so it has been forgotton. Nodes are remembered longer than the exact details (so only shows ‘current’ 'connections)

Seems like you guys are inventing some extra complexity, as I said before the snr and rssi are collected on receive so are displayed for direct connections, only the connected node knows firmware version.

@barryhunter - thanks - that is helpful