No other nodes seen

Hi all. I’m pretty new to this so bear with me lol. I got the RAKWireless Meshtastic Starter Kit and flashed the unit with the firmware. I’m not using a battery, so the red light is steady and green is slow flashing. My tablet sees the radio unit by Bluetooth but in the app I can’t see any other nodes, yet I do have another one connected nearby. So it should see it but doesn’t. The channel is correct and not using a WiFi connection. I’m not sure if there’s something in the app I’m not seeing or if something else is off. RAK5005-O is the base and RAK4631 is the core. Thanks :slight_smile:

Are both nodes on the save frequency and Lora channel?

Thought they were, as both manufacturers said they were tuned to 915 mhz, but I set the override frequency to 915 on both units and they can communicate now. Thanks much!

I’m still not seeing any other nodes besides mine, is maybe the override preventing it? Does Meshtastic actually use a range of frequencies around 915 mhz or should exactly 915 mhz be ok?

Yes, by default for US region it would be around 906 MHz.
If you want to communicate with random others, just leave everything at default except for your region.

Much appreciated :slight_smile: When I switch off frequency override, both units lose communication with each other again. I’ve compared settings on both and they are identical.

I have the right channel on each, channel 0, so not sure how to get them to communicate again. Any ideas?

All settings need to be the same, so Channel name, Channel PSK, LoRa frequency slot (channel number) and LoRa modem preset. Channel number will be based on the primary channel’s name unless you specifically set it to something else.

1 Like

It’s working great now, thanks for the ideas :slight_smile:

I reset both units to factory and changed both regions to US - much appreciated!

2 Likes