Won't turn on anymore SX1262 M8N

I flashed firmware-tbeam-US-1.1.5 onto a TTGO T-Beam V1.1 SX1262 NEO-M8N and now it won’t turn back on. I’ve tried erasing the flash and re-flashing it, nothing is happening. It appears I am still talking to the device and getting feedback when using esptool.py chip_id

Not sure what to do here… the blue light is stuck ON while plugged in USB. Just has a tiny red light on with battery. Appears to be bricked but I may be wrong.

Ultra newb here. I have some experience with linux.

1 Like

Hmm. Have you tried installing using the device- install.sh script?

I have esptool installed but device-install.sh says command not found. This is the command I am trying to use:

esptool.py --baud 115200 write_flash 0x10000 firmware-tbeam-US-1.1.5.bin

I first tried with 0x1000 at first and after some reading, this seems to be where I may have messed up.

I can’t find anything on device-install.sh script, was it supposed to be included with the esptool or is there a step I am missing here?

That script comes inside the zip of BINs. It does a bit more than just installing the firmware bin. I suspect your initial typo toasted some important metadata in flash. No worries - that script will completely erase & reinit the flash and it should be fine again.

If you want to run the commands by hand, just look at what that script is trying to do.

1 Like

Maybe if I had unpacked the entire zip I would have noticed :smiley: Thank you so much, that solved it!

1 Like

2 Likes

Do you see a signal strength of 100% on your SX1262 based tbeams?

2 Likes