LILYGO TTGO Meshtastic T-Beam V1.1 ESP32 LoRa not booting/working

I recently purchased two of these T-Beam boards from aliexpress. I soldered the screens on and put in batteries (antenna was connected) and both boards booted and worked well. I was able to connect to each board via bluetooth and both showed up within the Meshtastic android app and i was able to configure a channel on each board and messages were being sent correctly. After some time i powered off the boards and when i turned one on it did not want to boot while the other one booted normally. I took the battery out and reinserted it which still did not work. I then connected it to power via the usb port then which it booted. i replaced the battery and it worked for a while. then suddenly both boards froze and when i tried to reboot the red led (im not sure what it indicates) turns on solidly and then dims and continuously flashes. I cannot get either board to turn on either when using the battery or the usb port. (Video shows both boards. One that flashes quickly does not boot at all, while the one that is flashing slowly sometimes boots when connected via usb, but then after a few seconds it freezes) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem right now. Recent purchase as well. Do you have the newest boards? The m8n version.

When I connect it to a power source (Battery or usb) The red io4 led is steady on.

Hey so these are the boards I bought Link
I had that same issue with the red LED being constantly on on one of the boards. I ended up reflashing meshtastic using their GUI flashing program which seemed to have sorted that issue. The 2 boards I have now work but I have only gotten the display on one to work. It started working after I cleaned up excess solder flux between the pins.i believe that it was causing the pins to short to each other.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I did the same thing after pondering all night on what went wrong. I ended up flashing the Lora firmware instead of tbeam. After all, it does say lora on the sx1262 chip lol.

Unfortunately the other board i got had a short or something, cant leave it connected to a power source for too long without it being on the brink of bursting into flames.