Why so hard to install? (TTGO Lora32 v.2.1.6

I’ve tried installing over Mac, over Windows, with python and and with google chrome web-based

I’ve already programmed a few TTGO Lora32 boards for APRS with VSCODE so I know how to follow rules…

but… what I’m missing? always says it failed

PS: all drivers where installed

Could you capture some pictures of your installation?

after trying every idea found here or over google/internet videos I did try the wrong idea.

I selected the “not sincronizad” usb on the web installer and worked flawlessly… strange right?

but now it works :wink:

1 Like

YouTube videos are generally pretty old, check the docs for the most current information.

1 Like

This doesn’t appear to work on Ubuntu, at least 20.04 Chromium. Can’t seem to access the ports or find a compatible device.

My guess is it has something to do with it being a snap package.

This is the recommended method as it typically is the easiest to use. I previously had issues using Chrome on macOS but it worked without issue using Edge and Chromium. You can try either of those.

1 Like

This is the recommended method as it typically is the easiest to use. I previously had issues using Chrome on macOS but it worked without issue using Edge and Chromium. You can try either of those.

Kewl.

Hello all,

I don’t know if you are still having this issue, but I wanted to help with a solution we came up with.

We are using the TTGO Lora 2.1.6 badges for our Contest at DEFCON this year, and we made videos on how to flash with the web installer (Will work with Mac and Windows) and another video on how to do it on a Debian based Linux Distro Called ParrotOS. But the same step process works on Raspberry Pi OS, and I have written instructions for Fedora Linux is that is needed as well.

You also might check to make sure your usb cable is a data cable, some people have major issues due to only using a charging usb cable.
You might need to try a couple different cables, and find that it may be the issue.

[Darknet-NG 12 Simple Meshtastic Web Flasher - YouTube](Darknet-NG 12 Simple Meshtastic Web Flasher) and we have the other video on the same youtube channel.

This was filmed, and posted in the month of June 2023.

For some reason I could successfully update all of my identical TTGO LoRa32 devices with the same cable, but one failed constantly. Using a different cable solved this issue for me. Should be mentioned in the troubleshooting FAQ.

1 Like