Welcome to the Meshtastic community

Meshtastic is a project that lets you use inexpensive ($30 ish) GPS radios as an extensible, super long battery life mesh GPS communicator. These radios are great for hiking, skiing, paragliding - essentially any hobby where you don’t have reliable internet access. Each member of your private mesh can always see the location and distance of all other members and any text messages sent to your group chat. Please join us in making this happen.

We try to have a very friendly group of co-developers/users on this project. So if you have questions please post them here. If you know the answer to a question, please help by replying. If you wanna work on this or a related project we will help also.

Resources for getting started:

10 Likes

btw - Usage over the last month has increased dramatically. Which is great! But it also means more new members on the forum. If you see questions you can help with please try to answer.

Alas, the number of new threads is now so large I don’t automatically read every thread (so I can have more time for coding). If you see a thread you think I could help out with, feel free to ping me in it with an “@ geeksville”. :grinning:

Please also - remember the number one rule: This is supposed to be a fun & useful project. Part of being “fun” is that this forum should be friendly, please be kind to each other.

23 Likes