I am new Meshtastic and I recently upgraded to V22.214.171.124 Beta, I did a wipe and install on two Tbeams. Set my country up, everything else default and everything works great they see each other and pass messages. I changed both to Very Long Range Slow, saved it rebooted and poof, the two no longer communicate. What am I missing?
I know Radio/Antennas/Electronics/Linux, but Meshtastic, not so much I am hear to learn.
Replying so that others may learn from my mistakes and errors.
I have the 1276 radio in my T-Beam apparently you need a 1262 with the more stable TXCO to go Very Long Range Slow.
Welcome to 2.0! This firmware is much more reliable than the 1.2 builds.
The default channel is pretty perfect for most users. I have some 1262 radios and have tested the smaller bandwidth channels a bit; while there may be a meaningful increase in link budget, airtime is increased so much that any mesh with more than 2-3 nodes in range of each other would quickly eat up the channel.
I want to play more with the discrete event simulator sometime. I think with the new rebroadcast delays it may be more reliable than when I had tested back on 1.2.