Trying to get info together for a tutorial on the Android Meshtastic

The interface for Meshtastic on Android computers is quite a bit different. I am missing a couple of capabilities. One is how to get in touch with the GPS on the radio.

The more important thing I haven’t figured out is how to delete messages from the screen. I found instructions for doing that on my Macintosh version, but if it is possible to get old messages off the screen on the Android side, then it must be hiding under one of those components on the screen that eventually do something if you linger over them long enough.

I am trying to set up a three-node system, putting one receiver up atop a tall building, so I am wondering what the best inexpensive (but better that what the radio came with) antenna I could get, possibly to put atop a pole. Any suggestions? I was pleasantly surprised that two units could connect when separated by about a mile of tall trees. How much more can be done with out-of-the box equipment?

Thanks for all information and suggestions.

I can only get “message,” “request position,” and “Traceroute.” as choices,

I see no way pf interacting with GPS, and GPS seems never be coming on.

Would setting this unit up as a hybrid radio-repearer be limiting/eliminating the ability to delete messages?

Screenshots from you would help here @AZ0-inf

Here’s the mention of delete on that Android usage link:

I think I have it figured out now. I was overlooking a fairly well camouflaged image of a garbage can that appears on the screen when you hold down the cursor over a single message. I’ll do some more experimenting with it to be sure, but I don’t think there is any real problem.

Thsnkd for your help.

Thank you, AZO-inf, for the information the delete message. Yes, the image of a garbage can is not easily see. Maybe, if the color black was used for it then it would be see easier.