Meshtastic app messaging screen

Howdy - should messages received by a device show up in the messaging screen? I’ve gotten two android phones paired to two radios, on the same channel. The messages sent from each show up on the screen of the other, but not in the app. I’m thinking this isn’t how it’s supposed to work, but just want to confirm.

Nope, it is not. Try to reinstall the app. you should be able to see your group as well. (people icon)

I’m seeing this too… will try harder.

I wonder if this could be High accuracy related.

When you go to the settings page, do you see a prompt flash at the bottom of the page like this?

1 Like

I see no such prompts and Location Settings is set to “On all the time”

hmm is the radio button for your device shown in black and selected? (i.e. is the device fully paired with the phone)

Same here, location accuracy set to high, the device is paired. If it weren’t paired, I don’t think it would be possible to send a message from the app, so bluetooth must be working to some degree.

hmm - since 1.1.44 seems pretty solid and fixes a bug with received messages not showing in the app, I’ve pushed it out just now to the general android channel. Can you try updating in the play store?

(it will probably take google a few hours before this release is available in all regions)

After upgrading the app on both android devices, and the firmware of both T-Beams to 1.1.42 it’s now working. For whatever reason I needed to delete the app cache on one device before it started to work correctly. It was hung up in a weird way that showed the device never awake, despite messages sending and receiving according to the on-board display. The only oddity I’m seeing now is that one device showed the other’s username as unknown ("!4acb35a" MAC address?) and didn’t display the second user in the user list. I renamed both devices and that seems to have cleared up.