"Spam" Node on Long-fast

Hello community, since yesterday evening the open channel Long has been spammed with messages almost every minute. The node is not recognized correctly, only appears in the message bar as “!33ac321”. That’s why I can’t ignore him. The messages are now: “seq 4377” with almost consecutive numbering since yesterday evening. Anyone have an idea what this could be?

that is the range test plugin. someone doing range test.

on Long-Fast… brilliant :melting_face:

Range test is opt in, so it is enabled on your device if you receive messages.

The rang test is not mine. Also received by others in the region. Will soon run 24 hours with almost 7000 seq. messages… Nerfs slowly. But a good test for the solar routers​:wink: What can we do?:man_shrugging:t2: Is only recognized as a message on Android. On iOS only visible in the debug list.

1 Like

Is it coming in as a message?

yes on the Android app as a message, but the node is not recognized in the list.
No messages in the iOS app, but the node is visible in the list and can be ignored.
But it has now stopped after 24 hours and almost 9000 reports :grimacing:

1 Like

how is consecutive range testing allowed in breach of max use rules?

My node was repeating packets from MQTT and then wouldn’t allow a message to he sent due to being at the channel utilisation threshold.

I thought “range test” had to be enabled on the receiving device otherwise was filtered out.