Rak 4631 gps issues

IOS app version 2.2.26
firmware version 2.2.23
App is pulling the gps location from the phone, so there is no issue with security/permission, but local node is not detecting/reporting/logging the position.
App settings is set to share location,
under positioning Device is not present and fixed position is enabled.
I have tried all possible combinations of the settings above with smart position, without and none will log the position log nor show on the map

I re-flashed rak multiple times and reinstall app with same result.
the only issue I can see in the logs are these:
WARN | ??:??:?? 50 [RadioIf] Can not send yet, busyRx
rak is sending metrics log to the phone, and in all fairies the positioning has been working when I first configured the rak module.

The other issue I am having I connected GPS module from rak but the device is power-cycling every 50 seconds or so, the logs shows that the voltage drops to 3671 mV .
I tested power the device from computer USB port, multiple power supply and li-ion battery without protection circuit with same result.
At this point I am not sure if the issue is with a hardware or software, or user error.

Gps form the iphone not working is a bug in the 2.2.26 iOS app
But the issue with the voltage looks hardware related.

Thank you very much, is the lack of MQTT access also related to bugs in the IOS app?
I see tones of “Got MqttClientProxy message” in a syslog, but no nods are listed when connected to MQTT.

Yeah I agree with you. I’m running into the same problem and so are a few others I know.

1 Like