GPS not working RAK4631

I’m running my rak4631 with board 19007 on firmware version 2.3.6.7a3570a.

I have connected my RAK12500 GPS module on slot A, but it doesn’t show up in meshtastic.

I put GPS mode on enabled and toggled the switch GPS enabled to true.

I’ve also noticed it doesn’t seem to save the GPS enabled to true setting. All the other config settings seem to save fine.

Anyone know what could be the issue?

1 Like

These are my settings rn, as you can see my node doesn’t appear to be looking for satellites.

do a factory reset.

or
try
redefine pin rx 15
pin tx 16
en: 0
clear all postion flags

Unfortunately neither seem to have fixed the issue.

install gps in different slot !?

I’ve tried both slot A and D, neither appear to work.

With the RAK provided arduino tool it does see satellites and reeds the correct location. So the issue seems to be in meshtastic.

I’ve been having the exact same issue. It was working earlier in the week then suddenly stopped.

I got mine working again. I connected to another node and requested position of the node that stopped working. After several requests the GPS started working again.

Set gps broadcast and update interval higher, this seems to have made a connection to satellites. Nkw I can set them higher and they continue to work.

What was the values that you set it to to get it working?

2 Likes

What Values Did You Use?

1 Like

For Me Nothing Above Helped But This Did:

After Much Trial And Error And Getting No Success Still Constant No GPS Lock And No Sats. I Bit The Bullet And Ordered A Cheap Replacement GPS Antenna.

Swapped Out The Default RAK One And Turned On My Node. Within 20 Seconds The Cheap Antenna Picked Up 4 Sats Whilst Indoors And Then More Once Stepped Outside.

Here Is The GPS Antenna I’m Now Using:

RAK12500 Replacement GPS Antenna

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE 15X15 Size.