Quick question - T-Beam v1.2 supported by Meshtastic firmware?

Greetings everyone,

First, I would like to say “hello” to everyone, as I just joined, and I am truly glad to be part of your community. I would like to setup a small mesh network in my local area for emergency communication purposes, and I would like to ask the Meshtastic community if the TTGO T-Beam v1.2 device is currently supported by the Meshtastic firmware. This is because I recently read in another thread that, this version might not be supported, and I would like to confirm first, prior of buying the devices. I know for sure that v1.0 is supported as I checked the hardware section on the Meshtastic website.

Thank you ver much in advance, for any replies.

Yes, it’s supported and uses the same firmware as the normal T-Beam.

Thank you, and much appreciated for your reply. I initially thought that there is something different with the different versions of T-Beam`s hardware, that prevents the v1.2 to work with the already existing Meshtastic Firmware. This clarifies it.

Yes, there was some change needed but it was added to the firmware by LilyGo themselves: Added t-beam v1.2 support by lewisxhe · Pull Request #2389 · meshtastic/firmware · GitHub

1 Like

Thank you for this useful piece of information. Appreciated !!!