Ability to see node when not local

Hello all, my brother in law and I are playing with Meshtastic, I have a few nodes at my house for testing.
I have not configured MQTT, nor have I connected the devices to my wifi network (that I know of).

Both my brother in law and I have connected to my devices via Bluetooth when we have played around with it at one of our houses, but he is 15+ miles from where my node is, and he does not have a Meshtastic device near him to connect to the mesh, however he is seeing the node that I put outside as a solar node.
He sent me this screenshot this morning, he has not been near my nodes in about a week, he doesn’t have nodes near him that would connect. Is my node connected to wifi?
The voltage is what it was when I left the house (on a solar node) and the signal indicator is up also.

I had already left my house when he sent me that showing the node being “up” so I went into my app and I cannot see live data on the node. I also don’t see the signal bar and “signal good” that my brother in law sees in his app. Is this just data that was cached in the app and not live data?

Yes, it’s cached data.

1 Like

That makes sense, thank you.