Newb chanel setup and ota admin access to dedicated nodes

Hey all, super newbe here looking for some direction on next steps.

Im looking for a tutorial or wiki on how to setup a basic network. I really like this project and want to learn more about how to setup channels and what i can accomplish with them but i am at the very bottom of the learning curve- still just reading as much as i can find - not sure of even the right questions to ask yet

What i have are 5 devices - lilygo tbeams - and am running 2.15 beta firmware. I have set two as routers and am powering them with solar and three as clients paired to devices.

I don’t understand channels and how to use them or what they accomplish. Is there a good resource for this? Where should I start?

I also want to place router nodes in places that are difficult to access and would like to remotely access them and their settings. Can this be done via establishing an admin channel? Any direction to get started would help greatly as googling around isn’t giving me much to work with

I’m interested in the same thing. I have 5 T-Beams as well and I want to give them to 5 people to use. I want us to be permanently on the same channel. I don’t care about encryption.

1 Like

Start here for channel setup information Channel Configuration | Meshtastic