Messages not being received by app

Just sent a bug report on the app (ZUK Z2). I’ve loaded 0.6.2 firmware on to two T-Beams (M8N GPS) and I have v0.6.0 app. Messages are being sent from the phone to the device and between devices (shown on the screen) but not being pushed the final hurdle to the destination phone. I think 0.6.2 may have broken this?? Some behaviour I noticed, it seems the first two messages come through on receiveing the second message but then nothing after that. Also get the odd message come through after waking from sleep but nothing after that. I could try get some debug logs as well if needed.

1 Like

I experience the same thing, reported using both Xiaomi Mi8 and Google Nexus 5X. I also observe that messages timestamps are lost a few moments after sending in the app, and reset to 1:00AM.

On 0.6.1 same issue.

Oops thanks guys. I guess I might have busted something. I’ll check and fix tonight (also I’ll use the python tool to make a crude ‘release was test’ to decrease the odds of bum loads like this)

oops - fixed. I missed one important word in a baseclass… So the Bluetooth notify was never being sent to the phone…

I’m pushing up 0.6.3 to fix this once the build is done.

1 Like

BT problem.
I just flashed firmware-tbeam-US-0.6.3.bin & firmware-ttgo-lora32-v2-US-0.6.3.bin
to 2 devices each. Same behaviour on both phones.
‘You haven’t yet paired a Meshtastic compaitble radio …’, but I have, and it shows in the list under ‘Please pair in Android settings’.
Sent in bug reports from Huawei TRT-LX2 (‘Y7’) & Samsung SM-A205YN.
What am I doing wrong?
Greg

From my own experience, you have to re-pair bluetooth with device when you reflash firmwares.

Greghall-au ,try to clean cache and data in app, or reinstall it. I have no problem with pairing.

Android app version 0.6.8 receive messages, but 0.7.1 not receive.

1 Like

thank you very much @AeroPT. Would you mind trying 0.7.2 (released this morning) and confirm it again works for you?

@geeksville , no.
Version 0.7.2 not receive messages .
Only show in OLED .

ok thank you so much. I’m releasing new phone and device software today that is working great on all my tests, but I want to wait for feedback from the alphatesters before I release it more broadly.

1 Like