Meshtastic Brighton UK

Just a quick update on Brighton UK.
So far I’ve logged 12 Nodes locally including 2 of my own and a few more Mobile Nodes in Hove. I’ve also spotted a few more via Andy Kirby’s https://map.meshtasticuk.com a good place to register your Nodes as well as Meshtastic.
I have 1 more to do.
Shout-out to Simon who has about 8 Nodes now? He will soon be starting his own private network company :wink: And just in shout to MM/P MeshMike Portable! Up by the Hospital. He’s trying to find out how to stop Seq Messaging ? Repeated messages?
Thanks to all the Meshtastic community that makes this such a great project to be a part of.
From THX1138, BUStastic (Mobile) Brighton UK

1 Like

Gret to meet you Max. Let’s watch the Brighton Meshtastic community grow.

1 Like

It’s definitely growing with more added to the Map I see… I think there’s a Node in Bognor Regis so may try a hill top soon, need a Yagi beam really but you never know…73’s for now!

I’ve come here from reddit. My node is with yodel (wish me luck there!) and will soon be on in Hove, actually!

1 Like

Excellent I’m a bit late seeing this but will look out for you! Max

i was hoping it would be here for the weekend but tracking details show it as still with sender

1 Like

Have you seen the Brighton Meshtastic FB group?

There is a chap in there in Shoreham who picked up a Node named ‘Mill Hill’.

If that node is actually on Mill Hill that will be brilliant. Might even allow us to get over the Downs to Steyning, etc.

1 Like

Yup, I’m a member.
I am still waiting for the ebay one to turn up soo got impatient and ordered 2 fromo amazon. They are set up but not seeing any other nodes (unless I use MQTT!).

Mill hill is about 5.5km from me.

What are your nodes called?

I picked up a couple of new ones today. Havent had any chat contact though yet.

They are Rusky001 and Rusky002
at the moment, Rusky001 is using MQTT as I doon’t have any nodes close enough to use LoRa

1 Like

Rusky002 is in my list.

Last online 33hrs ago.

Is it powered up now?

Yes, it’s always on although it’s not in a good position by any means so it’s probably coonnecting to the mesh via Rusky001 which has MQTT enabled.

Mill Hill node is in Shoreham-by-Sea

Rusky002 has appeard in my nodes list in the past. I am in central Brighton.

Ahoy…!

Err…
I’m little further along the coast, in Bognor Regis…
(Felpham, actually…:smirk:)…

I have no idea what I’m doing…:smiley::+1:

I think some here may have spotted my node…

There only seems to be one other, local node, but I think it’s set up as a repeater bc not v/chatty…?

I hope to get more coverage around me, have just set up a new, mobile node, and there’s another taking the slow boat from China…

If y’get close, hit me up…! :smiley::+1:
OSM.

What is the name of your node ? Mine is BTN1, BTN2 etc up to 8 !

Static is “OSM”
Mobile is “SC1”

I hope to get to some height this coming weekend…
The Trundle above Chi, Bignor, and High Down (Chanctonbury?)

Excellent, Brighton will be looking!
Today this was recorded coming into Brighton from 39,000ft West of London! Si it was basically a plane! The skies not the limit :grin:.

Is CF41 here…?
Somewhere in Bevendean…?
I’m just surprised I’ve picked it up in Bognor…

1 Like

I’ll have a look on the official Meshtastic Map in the App and also keep an eye on https://map.meshtasticuk.com Brighton Sussex area

1 Like