Limiting Transmit power to 14 dbm

Hi, I am planing to buy ttgo t-beam v1.1 868/915 Mhz and to flash meshtastic firmware on it.My question is how can I limit power transmition to 14 dbm or 25 mW? Also why aren’t there 2 versions of the firmware for 868 mhz and 915 mhz? Thank you. @geeksville

The power can be limited using the meshtastic CLI with the command meshtastic --set tx_power xx with the units set in dbm. If zero then it will use the default max legal continuous power for your region. The frequency is also set in the code, and changed using the command meshtastic --set RegionCode x where the code is defined in the protobuf.

The frequency can also be set in the android app.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the fast answer.Can you give me example for --setRegionCode for eu 868 Mhz, because I don’t know what protobuf is(I am noob).Thanks again. @apt105

Using meshtastic --set region 3 should set it to EU868

2 Likes

Thank you, you helped me a lot.I am still learning, but I love this project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also “–set region EU868” should work. Thanks for helping @apt105

2 Likes

Or “–set region someotherword” should list all of the possible options.

I believe the syntax has changed. It is now.

meshtastic --ch-set tx_power 14

1 Like

I’m not sure the parameter is in dBm, since a value of 100 apparently corresponds to the default output. Higher values can be set, but the output drops to zero.
It’s not even a percentage, as it doesn’t scale with that.

I was just going from what it says on the protobufs Protobuf API Reference | Meshtastic

2 Likes