Heltec Wifi Lora 32 (V2) board will not enter SoftAP Admin Mode

I have a pair of Heltec Wifi Lora 32 (V2) boards, and I have installed the latest version of the firmware, (1.2.30 beta) onto both boards.

They work great together, I can tell because when I connect to one of the boards through Bluetooth with my Android tablet, and send a message using the Meshtastic Android app, the message appears on both OLED displays. This suggests to me that I have installed correct firmware and the installed the firmware correctly.
How ever, when I attempt to enter the softAP Admin mode I follow the steps prescribed in the link below:

When I follow those steps, I end up with a blank OLED screen, and the softAP SSID is not visible on my phone when I try to connect through WiFi. If I look at the output of the serial I when I do this procedure I see this this message in the terminal window:

ets Jun 8 2016 00:22:57

rst:0x1 (POWERON_RESET),boot:0x1 (DOWNLOAD_BOOT(UART0/UART1/SDIO_FEI_REO_V2))
waiting for download

I must have gotten something wrong, but I am not sure what. I have the same problem with both boards.

The buttons on that board don’t go to any of the usable GPIO of the esp32 but instead are used to force programming and to reboot the device.

Guess support for that board needs to be thought out.

1 Like

Good to know about the button. I used the command line to enter the AP mode, thanks:

1 Like