Help required with MQTT on picow over WiFi

Does anyone here have any experience getting MQTT forwarding working on a picow over wifi? I have a picow running and behaving like a normal node, it connects to wifi and gets an IP address. The mqtt module is enabled and all settings are correct. I even got it to forward messages when it’s paired with the android app (over serial) and the phone can see the mqtt server. However when the picow is just powered up on it’s own, it never connects to mqtt. No error messages in the debug log.

So I know all my settings are correct as it connects when it proxies through the android phone app.

If you have any suggestions on how I can further debug this or even if this combination is possible at all? Not many people here are using pico’s it seems…

Cheers

1 Like

As with all great forum posts asking for help. The simple act of asking publicly usually leads to you answering your own question…

I had enabled the mqtt.proxy_to_client_enabled setting thinking that meant something else (proxying mqtt messages to the node from mqtt), however it seems that this actually means “use the phone app to proxy mqtt”. Disabling this feature make mqtt work on the picow.

Hopefully someone else finds this message via search in the future!

4 Likes

To start use MQTT Explorer to see if you can connect to your Brocker with your user, …
Can you do this test ?

1 Like

I solved it already. Please read my second post above. Cheers

Good evening
Please excuse me but as English is not my mother tongue, it is difficult for me to read between the lines.

I understood that you could not connect to your MQTT server with your PIcoW.

I was therefore thinking of a connection problem, so I offered you a simple and basic test.

I just wanted to help you with this goal, I’m on other forums, where help is easier to get and I came to this one with the same hope, but you just gave it a good shot on this subject.

Have a good evening

I understand better why there is no resolve button