Device Role "TAK" for use with ATAK?

I noticed in the device roles settings that there is a role labeled as TAK. I may have over looked to figure out what exactly that role does and how it changes the settings for each node but I have not had any luck. Does any one know? I am going to be handing out T-beams out to my students while they are out on a land navigation course and using ATAK as a matter of tracking for safety as they navigate from point to point.

Finally has anyone had issues with the latest update of ATAK crashing while it is “getting warmed up” with the ATAK forwarder? It was working fine until the last two updates. I was curious for any advise from the community. (ATAK Forwarder 2.0.8 and ATAK-CIV 4.10.0.37)

Thank you in advance.

Hi, I am a complete beginner into meshtastic and ATAK, but your use case is exactly the kind of project that would make me use these technologies. What is your setup? Can the T-Beams run autonomously, or do they need to be paired with the students phones?
I dream of having one tablet at the base camp with a t-beam and just handing out t-echos to my students to put in their backpack so I can follow their progress.
Thanks a lot!

I found this in the ATAK-Forwarder plugin github page. Haven’t tested it, but it gives me hope that we can acheive what we want.