Critical error #3/how can i test the board

hell, so i got the lillygo T-beam v1.1 meshtastic version, when i connected it to bt it keeps timing out, so after i got it to connect by reinstalling the app, it throws up a code when i get the region to change of Critical error 3, i am worried that the board is damaged somewhere and i can’t find a way to test the board to see if it’s damaged. is there any possible way i am doing this wrong? or if the board is damaged?

like, everything works but anytime it reboots from the cli or the serial port, it eventually defaults to that critical error Support 3

any information would be appreciated.

Total noob but happened to me too few hours ago.
Settings——> LoRa——>
Under options you will have “use preset”. Make sure it’s on. Try choosing the option “long range-fast”. And save
Let me know

1 Like

yeah, i just tried what you suggested, and i even reinstalled meshtastic.
i still keep getting thr critical error #3 and i worry it is now the board or the antenna.

is there a way to do a hardware test or maybe i am missing something? i did do the install on linux (popOS) if that matters.

thanks for the help so far,

Try to wipe and reinstall the firmware. I believe it’s some setting gone wrong and not a hardware problem.
Also, what firmware is on your device?

1 Like

okay, i will re-flash it, the issue i get is that i cannot use the web-flasher, i am using chromium and made sure everything was up to date, but when i looked at the logs it shows nothing or it shows it disconnected from it. i even tried microsoft edge and get the same results. i also downloaded the logs from the browser i got from the web installer, but it just spins(preparing to install)

l so i went the cli method, and it works i flashed the tbeam0_7-2.2.15.31c4693.bin file

i will reflash it again, is there a way to dump the logs?

my brother, i am writing this real quick because i am an idiot lol i appreciate your help because it made me look back and seem my mistake, that i was flashing the tbeam0_7 firmware and not the tbeam-2.x.x.x firmware, you were correct and it was not a hardware issue, thank you for your help!

1 Like

Hello all I am having this same issue. Critical error 3. I have tried reflashing several times even trying other software versions. I have also looked at the settings mentioned in the other comments. I also searched on line for any information on this error code. This is the only thread I can find on this issue. Is there any other information out there that I can try?

Which device do you have and what is the name of the model you tried to flash the firmware for?

Hello

thanks for the reply. I have the ESP32-S3 T-DECK. I tried and installed the latest 3 Alpha versions of the software. Then tried the latest 3 beta versions

Regards

Chris

Please double check if you have the version with LoRa radio, there is also a version without.
There should be a chip on the back at the bottom right.

Greetings,
Flashed my T-Deck Friday using the Meshtastic online flasher on Chrome browser and it was running great. Saturday installed an m100 mini gps and it never got a sat lock. Half the time the screen would say searching, the other no gps, but radio working fine. Ordered another gps board and installed Sunday eve. No crossed wires, antenna always connected. Powered up and got the dreaded #3 error code. Removed the gps. Wiped and reflashed a few times the latest beta, previous beta, some alpha. No change.