Critical fault #6 on T-beam 0.7 and webserver gremilns, otherwise functional

I played with MT a year an a bit ago, so I have three devices, a T-beam 1.1 and two 0.7
I can’t get the web served page on the LAN to receive messages, just send them. using Meshtastic Web works fine over serial, but the send only applies to over http. Shut down the network wifi and run android via BT, works fine so the intended use case is OK

So I thought I’d fit a OLED screen, and it gripes about Critical Error#6

GIMF and takes me here

CriticalFault 6 means the AXP192 power management chip is busted.

Can’t argue with that, because there isn’t one on this board,

Firmware:

fresh uploaded 2.2.22.404d0dd Beta. Used Edge Win11 and this https://flasher.meshtastic.org/

Hardware Lilygo T-Beam v0.7

Now this actually works, but only using Android, with wifi turned off, or with edge Version 122.0.2365.52 (Official build) (64-bit)

But only on serial, not on WiFi.

Does the general flasher not pick this board variant up? I could just unplug the OLED, but it worked a year and a bit ago, as well as the wifi web server, or do people just not use the webserver/LAN any more?

I had success today on my old TBeam by compiling the Firmware on my PC (Installed VSCode, PlatformIO, compiled and flashed the newest version. I got everything now working : GPS , Battery voltage, Button, (external) OLED. I had some issues regarding the GPS. I configured RX_PIN to 12 and TX_PIN to 15.

I also changed two files a bit, but I am unsure if that changed the GPS function a bit.

variants\tbeam_v07\variant.h

// #define BUTTON_NEED_PULLUP // if set we need to turn on the internal CPU pullup during sleep

#define I2C_SDA 21
#define I2C_SCL 22

#define BUTTON_PIN 39
#define BATTERY_PIN 35    // A battery voltage measurement pin, voltage divider connected here to measure battery voltage
#define EXT_NOTIFY_OUT 13 // Default pin to use for Ext Notify Module.
#define ADC_CHANNEL ADC1_GPIO35_CHANNEL

#define USE_RF95
#define LORA_DIO0 26 // a No connect on the SX1262 module
#define LORA_RESET 23
#define LORA_DIO1 33
#define LORA_DIO2 32 // Not really used

// This board has different GPS pins than all other boards
#define GPS_UBLOX
#define GPS_RX_PIN 12
#define GPS_TX_PIN 15

variants\tbeam_v07\platformio.ini

; The original TBEAM board without the AXP power chip and a few other changes
[env:tbeam0_7]
extends = esp32_base
board = ttgo-t-beam
board_level = extra
lib_deps =
  ${esp32_base.lib_deps}
build_flags = 
  ${esp32_base.build_flags} -D TBEAM_V07 -I variants/tbeam_v07
  -DGPS_POWER_TOGGLE ; comment this line to disable double press function on the user button to turn off gps entirely.
upload_speed = 921600

Nice one - thanks. I took the default by cloning MT and then selecting 0.7 in platformio
Did that, uploaded, oled screen now happy and useful.

No critical error #6, I can spin through the screens using the button next to the switch. It tells me the battery voltage though it’s USB powered. And it works as a Meshtastic node. Haven’t tested the webserver yet, but so far it’s looking good. Thanks for the tip!

The following should all be default stock code. It’s not exactly the same as yours - variant has the undefs first but is probably functionally the same. platformio.ini is missing the

-DGPS_POWER_TOGGLE ;

I did absolutely nothing changing bits. So I conclude that the web flasher doesn’t pick off this 0.7 variant right

• my variant.h is
// #define BUTTON_NEED_PULLUP // if set we need to turn on the internal CPU pullup during sleep

#define I2C_SDA 21
#define I2C_SCL 22

#define BUTTON_PIN 39
#define BATTERY_PIN 35    // A battery voltage measurement pin, voltage divider connected here to measure battery voltage
#define EXT_NOTIFY_OUT 13 // Default pin to use for Ext Notify Module.
#define ADC_CHANNEL ADC1_GPIO35_CHANNEL

#define USE_RF95
#define LORA_DIO0 26 // a No connect on the SX1262 module
#define LORA_RESET 23
#define LORA_DIO1 33
#define LORA_DIO2 32 // Not really used

// This board has different GPS pins than all other boards
#undef GPS_RX_PIN
#undef GPS_TX_PIN
#define GPS_RX_PIN 12
#define GPS_TX_PIN 15
#define GPS_UBLOX