BLE Timeout after 5 attempts

Hello,
I ordered a LILYGO Tbeam with meshtastic 1.0.0 installed.
After finally getting the screen soldered, I was able to connect to the Tbeam via Bluetooth and the meshtastic TestFlight iOS beta.
I was given the message “your firmware needs to be updated to at least 1.2.52” so I hooked the Tbeam up to my computer and updated the software using a driver and terminal.
First I updated to 1.2.64, the most recent build, and when trying to connect was given the error “BLE connection timeout after making 5 attempts to connect”. I tried resetting the beam, disconnecting from the computer, deleting all app data for meshtastic and reinstalling it, as well as then resetting to 1.2.49, 1.2.44, 1.2.52, and 1.2.59 all for my specific Tbeam model and the tbeam.07. Problem still persists and am unable to connect via Bluetooth from any device. I tried using the wifi, router, and direct connection methods as well and was unable to connect.
Is there any work around I haven’t tried for the meshtastic IOS or is this a software bug on this version?

1 Like

1.0 is not supported on iOS, it came out before there was an iOS app.

I assume that’s why it said my firmware was outdated. However, I was still able to connect at that point. After I updated the firmware to the recommended firmware, I was unable to connect due to the error “BLE connection timeout after making 5 attempts to connect to @ meshtastic_----”.
Do you have any solution for this error, @garth ?

Hello Gsully42,

I had the exact same problem with the iOS App, which appears to be, …hmmm, experimental was the word I was looking for :wink: but I got it working very well with the Android App in case that is also a solution for you.

PS Before debugging further, make sure that you are actually installing the correct firmware to the LILYGO device. The tbeam software should be the right one.

Cheers from Switzerland

1 Like

The whole project is a beta, but the BLE stack on the devices has bugs in 1.2 on apple devices that will be fixed in 1.3 but are not in 1.2. As android adds BLE privacy features these bugs are coming to android as well.

2 Likes