Anyone in Houston, TX?

Probably a long shot, but anyone in Houston, TX? I am in the Sharpstown area and I am planning on installing a T-Beam as a repeater on top of my house. Would be pretty cool to connect with users nearby

Just got one of these devices. I am in the Richmond area but get to/through Sharpstown often. I haven’t gotten a ping yet, but not 100% sure I am setup correctly so I bought a second Heltec waiting for it to arrive so I can test.

I’m on the South Side by Nasa. I have one T-beam running and working on setting up more.

1 Like

Same!

Maybe we can get a Houston wide channel going and slowly build a network?

1 Like

I am in the medical center! Planning on making about five boxes for my friends and me

I just set up a couple nodes down in ClearLake.
I’m kind of new to this, can we use the mqtt topic of msh/US/Houston or some other topic?

Adding my radio to it let’s see if we can see each other

I’m not sure that I’ve got it configured correctly, but I’m keeping an eye out.

I cant see any other nodes - I think we are out of range.

Printing a case or my unit to put it in my attic and get some elevation on her. I’m near Elington BTW

I can see your msges on my devices screen but cant see them on my computer or phone

Interesting. I’m not sure what’s up there. I’ll be around if you want to keep playing with it.

Trying with a fresh flash.

1 Like

Just joined the Houston channel, Im in the Heights area.

1 Like

Yo! South, Beltway-Mo City. Just picked up a Heltec v3 off ebay, drove from Kirby district to south of Meyerland and didn’t seem to pick anything up. I hope to have one permanently at home with a decent antenna. Will join the channel soon (can’t get the qr code) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m near the downtown YMCA, I’m planning on getting a repeater set up here within the next couple of weeks!

1 Like

Are you on MQTT, or just RF?

Once you are on MQTT, you shouldn’t need the QR code - just use the options above.

I’m now set up the way it is pictured above. I also have the neighbor setting turned on. Tried several antennas. can’t see that I’m hitting anything.

Im here! Just joined the Houston Mesh. Not seeing anyone.

So, you wont necessarily see the other nodes in your peer list, unless we all set our primary channel to Houston. If you pop in the Houston channel and say hello, we should see you. I was chatting with @Meshy via mqtt last night, I think I saw someone called @DentedFork as well. We did see someone pop in and say ‘Hi’, but they didn’t respond after that.