Anyone in Houston, TX?

Getting setup here just south of the loop (and will be setting up a small net at our deer camp in East Texas). … running a number of device - TBeam, Lilygo t3-1.6.1 and Heltec Lora 32.

1 Like

I finally see some peers, but had to enable “Proxy to client enabled”, (shown disabled in the guidance above,) so that my phone passes MQTT to the device. I’ll be driving around today, maybe will hit someone with radio.
And I see that you specified Wifi on with Bluetooth off. I haven’t set mine up for wifi yet. So with Bluetooth on we need Proxy.

3 Likes

We are planning on setting up a test run to see how much area coverage we can get using a few drones to make 400ft lora towers.

If you’re interested in this, join our Houston channel in meshtastic!

I’ve updated the config to match the change to msh/US/TX

can you provide a link to the houston channel in meshtastic?

Unless you are near one of the others, you prolly wont see anyone. Here is the link.
You are welcomed to join the mqtt channel while we build things out. The howto is in the google doc above. Feel free to reach out if you have questions.

I just put up a LongFast Tbeam at 150 feet in Southwest Houston. I can’t believe I’m not seeing anyone. Really? I drove away from the site and continued to be able to ping it for miles. Anyone out there?

I’m up ~50 feet in Kemah, can you link a screenshot from a site survey?
If you want me to run one, pm me the lat/log/elevation agl.

Just added the LongFast to my node as a second channel. Sent a few test msges. let me know if anyone see them.

If all you want to know is if anyone received them, you really don’t need anyone to tell you if they got them or not. The icon next to your message lets you know if it was received or not.

Unless he has multiple nodes at home, in which case the icon will show delivered.

ditto - look for a KK5SC-30 or short name of KK30 - will run it as a tracker as I go to / from work in Park Ten area of Houston.

73 - look for KK5SC-30 or short name of KK30 - I work in Park-10 area in West Houston and live just south of 610-South.

Was anyone around the Sharpstown mall yesterday? (03/10/24) I was playing with my T-Beams and saw an extra node which showed on the map over there

I messaged on the primary channel but never got a reply

Who was this? I KNOW YOU’RE OUT THERE!!!

I am having trouble getting into the Houston channel over MQTT. My Settings>MQTT is set to msh/US/TX and I have a secondary channel named Houston with default key of AQ== and uplink and downlink both enabled. Node name is 6f80. Any leads? I was talking to yNos the other night on a firmware 2.3 node, but i downgraded to 2.2.24 to try to get houston channel working.
For the record, I am in Dallas TX, so not local. Only trying to get connected in to Houston so I can get my settings right so I can copy those settings over to get my Rowlett TX repeater node working properly. Any leads?

I’ve left mqtt explorer on for a bit and havent seen your traffic. Are you still working on it?

Evening! I just received two new nodes to start playing with in the nasa area…I can see your nodes on the meshtastic node map…drove by one earlier today…don’t believe it’s really where it says it is…with one of mine but never showed up. Quite a newbie with this obviously and no other ones around. I’m west of 45 and see 3 over in clear lake shores. Still trying to figure out how I get mine to appear on the node map…work in progress…

1 Like

That’s me! My outdoor node was brought in for some rework a week ago, I’ll be putting it back up this weekend. When it’s up, it covers clear lake shores and Seabrook area fairly well. Join us on mqtt and we can plan better coverage.