Anyone in Brussels, Belgium?

Would be great if you or anyone can install nodes on the bell tower or any high point.
Got a heltec 868 (0nX node on map) set in the attic with a dipole but can’t reach you despite quite good line of sight towards your location. 5km “house to house” is clearly too much in urban area.
I got a “test” message today from someone located between Watermael and Auderghem (3km away) but that node disappeared, probably mobile one.

I made a range test : maximum 2km in our urban environment in Brussels, but 2 km even not in line of sight and even with multiple hills in between two nodes, with the dipole

EDIT : I had to reupload an updated video, replacing the one above, to this URL below. It will take more or less 2 hours from this edit to be available (in the interval, you can still watch the video above)

the test message is probably me, lol (see my last youtube video)

You did some good testing :+1:t2:

1 Like

Do you intend to install more nodes in Limburg ? Would be nice to bridge a connection to Brussels (maybe via a MQTT server ?)

Here a build video guys for a Meshtastic solar node build based on a RAKWireless Wisblock 19007 base board and the 4631 module (1262 chip)

Enjoy!

Join our FB group:
ON-tastic

Hamradio operators setting up a 433 Mesh.

Sorry, no FB here. I would avise to use the 868 band rather than the 433 band which is polluted by IOT devices/garage doors/alarm systems/etc

Really nice content on youtube ! I will need to gather the hardware to build my own antenna. A meetup or something similar should be organized to gather more volunteer :slightly_smiling_face:

thanks for your positive feedback. Yes good idea to organize a meet up with Belgian fellows. it would be great to organize the construction, step by step of a Belgian mesh

I went today to Namur, but unfortunately, I didn’t see anybody from the Citadel.
How could we organise and move forward with the meeting idea ?

Hello everyone from ambiorix/maelbeek zone in brussels. nice initiative! im trying to set up a node here but i dont arrive anywhere? would be nice to create a discord server to organize something? count me in!

At his moment let’s try to gather people in Belgium on this page (it’s free and already existing so no efforts). I hope we can reach enough people at a certain point in time to mesh sufficient nodes between us all. So far we are too thinly spread. Unless we each invest in dozens of nodes that we position on strategic locations. We could start by already try to place our own nodes (it must be then autonomous with batteries and a small solar panel and:or be easily rechargeable every month or so) between our adresses to begin “bridges of nodes” between each of us.
Could we share a map of where we are located with respect with each other ? I propose to open a google map for that

Got a message from da544668 on Meshtastic app from someone on a flight to Accra on May 10th 12:36 pm
Is this from anyone here on this forum ?

It was someone from the MESHTASTIC BE page from Facebook who took the SN291 to Accra with a 433mhz and a 868mhz.

Ok ths for the info. Unfortunately I do not have facebook so can’t check that page.