Any way to see router stats?

Hi!

Is there a way to see how popular (or not!) a node is as a router?

I’m just curious if my router/client is actually doing any routing of messages/traffic.

Thanks!

Not specifically, You can just look at rangetest.csv. Export it from the Android or iPhone app.

Will see all the packets received (if it could decode them!), including ones just getting forwarded.

Or could enable the debug output and look at it on serial terminal. Will show ‘activity’.

I dont think the routing protocol is robust enough to really tell if your node was ‘instrumental’ in a end to end connection. (ie that your router was needed for the connection)
… most messages are just broadcasts rather than to a specific destination. Ie even if your node is forwarding messages in the middle of ‘bidirectional communication’ you can’t really tell your node is involved, or you are just ‘hearing’ the conversation.

For the most part would say, its just really looking at the node list. That shows nodes ‘near’ the node, and heard by the node. So your node would be potentially able to route messages to/from them.

you can have a look at some of your routers data and connections !
here: (if it is on longfast and broadcasts positon-data and is some newer firmware )

specially : like this

Power 85% (4.1V)
ChUtil 13.7%
AirUtilTX 3.5%

Thanks for the info guys.

Since I turned off MQTT I don’t appear on the maps now. Which is sad. I liked being on there, but was trying to not use the internet. Looks like I might need to switch it back on again. :frowning:

You can get the ChUtil and AirUtilTX from the node directly. Provided can connect via Bluetooth/Wifi/Serial anyway, dont need MQTT.

Yeah, but I think I needed MQTT to show up on the various mesh maps out there.

just some node, that is receiving the lora sognals … needs to have MQTT…
if there is none, you have to setup one yourself