Analytics disabled?

Android app on both standard android phone & graoheneOS android shows this message (more words but u get the point) on map screen?

The node (meshtastic LoRa device) I purchased has no GPS built-in, is this why? If so, can I manually place a marker on a map & then use the feature? Fyi I manually listed my node on node list/map online as well.

I am attempting to get our community group setup on these, so I will have a ton of questions, but in time I will be a contributor as well.

at the bottom of the settings page there is an “Anonymous usage statistics and crash reports” checkbox (right next to the “report bug” button). it’s a requirement for mapbox. you may need to restart the app after checking/unchecking.

AOSPs like Graphene don’t support analytics, which means no map.

1 Like

I have tried checking and unchecking the box and force stopping the app (there seems to be no other way to close the app completely), but the problem remains.

right. to gracefully close the app select “None (disable)” first.

if you didn’t disable analytics that indicates your OS doesn’t support analytics/gapps.

I appreciate the help!

It’s like somebody went and reset the meshtastic mapbox connection, both phones are working.

I am wondering if the check box for using my location is for situations like mine where I have no GPS built into my meshtastic and so does it grab gps from my phone when the box is checked? Either way, I do not see any marks on the map, not mine or anyone elses?

Couple of notes.

• Checking the box mentioned to activate the maps does affect the maps and so does closing the app after making a change.

• The check box thing for turning the maps on off could be more clear, along with checking the bullet for no meshtastic device as a means of fully existing the app once you swipe to close (removes it from the system tray).

• I do not have googleplay on one device and do not like using it on the other, so I got the meshtastic app apk from a website that siphons it out of play, but for whatever reason it siphons off a slightly older version for some reason (1.2.22 vs 1.2.52). I had the older version and it did not have the add location to map option.

• I was only able to get the updated version, not through an apkpure search, but a direct web search that found an apkpure 1.2.52 version of meshtastic, but required a direct download and then I had to go through an apkpure installation method that requires their app, you go into the app settings find a section for installing direct downloaded apk’s.

You find thew latest apk’s also the beta versions on github:

2 Likes