Meshtastic Android app not showing paired node

Hello.

I have two TTGO v1.1 boards that I have soldered the OLED to, flashed with current beta firmware, installed the battery. and successfully paired with my Android phone (pixel 3, graphene os, andoid 12) using the OLED code. I am running android app version v1.2.50 (to match firmware version, but have tried using up to 1.2.52, as 1.2.53 says not to use on android 12).

When I go to the last tab (with gear icon) I see:

You must set a region!

(radio) None (disable)
(check) Provide location to mesh

You have not paired a Meshtastic compatible radio with this phone. Please pair a device and set your username.

There is also a bug report button at the bottom, but clicking it doesn’t seem to do anything except closing the modal.

Why does it say I have not paired? I can see the meshtastic device connected in my bluetooth settings. What am I doing wrong? I followed all of the instructions. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

apps don’t have free access to Bluetooth device information from android settings because it can be used to determine your location. that is why google requires location permission for BT scan/discovery.

so make sure you granted location permission to the app and your location is also turned on at the Android Quick Settings Menu:

Screenshot_20211230-081519

let me know if that works for you.

Appears to be working! Thanks a ton!

I’m now having an issue with the python client not reliably sending messages to the network, but I will create a new thread for that issue.

1 Like