3D Printed Cases etc

Hi folks, my first time posting here, love the project! I felt like scratching an enclosure-design itch so I made yet another 3D printable case, this one with easier to press buttons and a slightly more ergonomic orientation for viewing:

6 Likes

I really like your button design.

2 Likes

Very Nice Indeed!!!

I’ll be printing one of these tonight to include in our upcoming Youtube Video.

Cool, I hope it works for you! The tolerances are fairly tight so I’m curious to hear how this works on other slicers/printers.

1 Like

Tried today to print this using some transparent red PETG, unfortunately (1) the overhang around the window was too steep to print without supports at the 250° temps needed and (2) my screens are not aligned to the opening.

1 Like

Good case best one I have printed so far!

2 Likes

Ah darn. What’s a reasonably tolerable overhang on your setup?

And which board version TTGO board do you have? (The version is written to the right of the main antenna on the front of the PCB.) It looks like it may be the same main PCB with a different screen positioning on the LCD module itself.

Our boards are T22_V1.1

From the edge of the T-Beam to the edge of the glass display is:
14mm on the left
7.5 on the Bottom
61.5 on the Right
8.25 on the Top…

There are at least two different OLED PCB/glass sizes I’ve run into, which makes getting the display opening right tricky:

3 Likes

@tpatrickwalsh Someone at the local hackspace was kind enough to print a couple of your cases in carbon fibre for me. They came out perfect! Fit is spot on and buttons work perfectly.

2 Likes

Body V1.1 added with strap mounts.

https://cdn.thingiverse.com/assets/5f/e0/29/b1/70/Body_V1.1_-_Straps.STL

1 Like

Hi All,

As promised my 1st 3D print results below, really happy :smiley:

Regards
Mark

4 Likes

Quick design I did up for a bare-bones T-Beam test stand to easily swap antennas etc.

https://cdn.thingiverse.com/assets/f5/4a/91/75/39/T-Beam-Lite-Stand.STL

2 Likes

!
Bottom - PLA, Top - transparent PET-G
Very good case. Just one improvement needed - make case thinner over GPS antenna placement, for better signal reception.

I made a few of these for use in a 1010 Pelican, nice case

3 Likes

WIP case. Should be finished in a few days.

• 18x18mm active GPS Antenna
  • approx. 1200mah Li-Po battery (haven’t decided exact size)
  • backpack shoulder strap mount?
  • magnetic quick release charger

image image

image image

14 Likes

Finally assembled my 26650 sized case for the SX1262 T-Beam and figure it to be ‘good enough’ to release to the world at large as v1.0.

Features:

• sized for 26650 battery holder (while trying to keep the overall package relatively slim)
  • sized for Beitian BT-25A ceramic GPS antenna
  • sized for the ‘new’ 4-pin SONGXIN LIGHT OLED display size
  • integrated buttons
  • printable with minimal supports (only needed for 1/4" antenna hole and GPS pack on the bottom shell)
  • mounting holes on rear with captured 2mm nuts for attachment of lanyard loop, belt clip, etc.
  • prominent Meshtastic logo for brand recognition

Assembles with four M2x12 button head screws for the body, and four M2x8 button head screws for the OLED display (from this kit), along with eight optional M2 nuts on the bottom for attachment to… …stuff?

Note: The 4 holes on the OLED cover, the 4 corner holes on the top, and the 8 holes on the bottom should be drilled out with a 5/64" drill bit (I didn’t size them for clearance on this version). Let the screws self-tap into the bottom and top bosses.

Download: Have Blue 26650 case v1.0 for SX1262 TTGO T-Beam v1.1.zip

[shout out to @b8b8 as his phenomenal designs have been inspirational]

7 Likes

It looks like a military design from the high-end TTGO :heart_eyes: