3D Printed Cases etc

Here’s a quick render of a case I’ve been working on for the T-Beam. My first device should be in the mail this weekend so I’ll upload completed files and pictures once I’ve got everything fitted.

12 Likes

Cool! A cool project.

1 Like

4 Likes

Prototype Heltec32 case. Needs a little refinement.

3 Likes

That heltec case is particularly cool.

Version 2 with quick disconnects for the battery and switch.
Still a little bit more cleanup before I post the files to thingiverse.

3 Likes

I decided to try and avoid the “cyberpunk bomb detonator aesthetic” because I think these might be useful for protest comms :blush: This is a water-proof, shock-resistant enclosure. Print is in TPU and suspends a T-Beam inside a clear PVC pipe so it can be hit, dropped from a significant height, thrown up on roofs to establish a repeater point etc. Spacers allow the endcaps to be removed for battery charging while still keeping everything waterproof. Solar and/or induction charging would be fairly easy to implement then the pipe could be solvent welded closed.

I’d suggest only using transparent PVC to avoid the enclosure being mistaken for a destructive device.

STLs are here

14 Likes

Super cool. The you is a great idea.

1 Like

btw - if people are throwing these as routers we should probably make a boolean for “router mode” sooner rather than later. If for no other reason than to disable the deepsleep and bluetooth - I haven’t checked this in the spreadsheet, but I bet a tbeam could run for 3 wks on a battery charge in that case. I should have an alpha of USB OTG support in by Tuesday, I’ll do router mode next after that.

4 Likes

Sounds awesome! Yeah I think a router mode makes a lot of sense, also is there any way two of the spare pins could be used for the momentary power switch? It would make enclosure designs a lot easier if we didn’t have to work with those tiny SMD buttons and could wire up proper waterproof ones.

2 Likes

Maybe also add an “always plugged in” mode to the router (or base station) mode.

@b8b8 thanks for the idea. But this is already current behavior for any board that has a PMU chip (currently only the TBEAM). If you have a TBEAM plugged into power it never sleeps.

2 Likes

sure that would be fairly painless - making a bug so it happens someday:

2 Likes

Is that a Nagoya 868 or 915 antenna?

If so did you see significant improvement over stock antenna?

1 Like

I’m still waiting on the TTGo t-beam boards to arrive to get some dimensions off. But can someone provide dimensions for this board, antenna and the battery pack? Or maybe point me where to find them?

1 Like

https://grabcad.com/library/ttgo-tbeam-v1-0-1

1 Like

Really cool design thanks for posting the files. I think that use case is super practical.

Very nice case.

Are the stl or cad files for this case available somewhere? Might as well make my development devices look cool :wink:

1 Like

Files for the V1 Heltec LoRa 32 (V2) posted.

2 Likes

I actually did pull this down too. But since it’s only the X & Y of the board, I’m still hunting for Z. I believe this is also the correct battery holder https://www.keyelco.com/userAssets/file/M65p27.pdf
But really still hunting for dimensions for a full board.

Update.…did not see the grabcad link!
Thank you
:pray:

1 Like