3D Printed Cases etc

Just made this enclosure for the ttgo lora32 1.0 ill be doing one for The ttgo version 2.1_1.6. It’s the first revision, if it appeals to anyone ill put detail and files up,
I was going for compact but enough juice to last a while between charging. 4x 18650. I haven’t done any battery life testing yet. But will update when I do.

8 Likes

That would be awesome with the new NRF52 based boards!

What model/s? I’m totally down to design carriers for different models,

Scroll to the top of this thread:

Expecting 16-25ma average power draw.

Will do I’ll see what I can come up with. I’m waiting on my QI receiver charge pads. I’ll have a wireless one too. That’s assuming anyone is interested. I’ll get them up on my
Thingiverse.

Not sure how it fits the actual board, or even my GuessTastic version for that matter if everything pieces together ok maybe it will head out to someone with the board to test fit. Again if anyone’s interested. Lol

3 Likes

I have a V1 ttgo lora32 board I would like to try it out on. Please share the thingiverse link when you get it posted, it looks fun!

I just got the Pelican 1010 case today. It looks nearly perfect! Next is to figure out bulkhead connectors and PCB mounting hardware, but that should be fairly simple.

I like that the enclosure is waterproof, has lots of straps and includes a d-ring so it can dangle off a backpack.

$13 on amazon:

The camel says it drops to under $10 on occasion and has been found for $6.99.

4 Likes

Here’s a link to the pelican case interiors CAD models I’ve used for various projects.

3 Likes

Dude, you’re awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I didn’t even recognize the 4 degree draft. It would have taken me some time to get to that.

Cheers

1 Like

New case prototype I’m working on. I’ll post it to Thingiverse when I’m finished.

6 Likes

Drones. Dump them on a flat roof and fly away.

Version 0.9 files posted to thingiverse.

Everything seems to fit together OK. I’m just waiting for my gold PETG to come in from amazon so the pictures below are from a DRAFT print out of PLA.

4 Likes

Updated to V1.0 of the design.

4 Likes

My first enclosure is done! Just need to make 15 more.

It’s all stuffed in a pelican case, has a custom made linear regulator that mounts into the Micro USB slot and accepts 5-16VDC (ideally no more than 14). This way I can charge it from just about anything.

The power jack is located on the bottom and is both water tight and has a dust cap.

I didn’t use any o-rings for where I drilled holes, but this should easily survive a rain storm. When I take it out in the bay kayaking, it’ll float if it goes overboard.

If taken backpacking, it can be clipped onto a backpack with the carabiner or also hung up in a tree by the same point.

12 Likes

Looks great. Did you remove the O-ring from the pelican case?

That oring is still there. The hole for the antenna and hole for the barrel charger is not sealed with an oring. I guess I could grab a few from my oring parts drawer. This one is just the prototype. The next few will be done even better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated design so that the 1/4"-20 tripod nut is held in with a plate (and 3x m2x8mm socket head cap screws) instead of needing to glue it in.

6 Likes

I’m really loving the rugged design esthetic of this case. I have printed a few cases from Thingiverse and they are just too flimsy, so I really like how stout this one looks…

I’m finding the t-beams don’t work so well inside of backpacks/pockets, so I’ve been thinking a case with attachment points is needed and the M3 fasteners give lots of options for attaching metal clips for attaching to backpack straps or whatever…

I’d like to fire up the printer and print off a few variations of these to suit the different uses. I’d wonder if you would make a variation of the base with feet that are a bit smaller, maybe one layer taller than the cap screws? For me, that is un-needed bulk and filament. I see you have that feature for raising the case for your magnetic connector, but I don’t have access to these right now and would be using the original USB connection. The same is true for the 1/4 20 nut, I will not be needing it for most of my use cases.

Another variation that I think would be helpful is a version of the middle body with “Belt Loops” on the back like this case has: TTGO T-Beam v10 case for TTN-Mapper by diyron - Thingiverse Maybe one with vertical loops and one with horizontal loops.

Maybe a lid without the bulge for use with the stock antenna? Save a bit of filament…

Really! A very nice modular design that is easy to print in smaller simpler pieces and very versatile.

1 Like

Base V1.2 added with low profile legs for a standard (non magnetic) USB Cable. I’ll see about the other changes a little later.

https://cdn.thingiverse.com/assets/c7/93/ff/cf/bc/Base_V1.2_-_low_profile_legs_USB.STL

1 Like