3D Printed Cases etc

Looks awesome! Please post if these will be available

“Super groovy button pusher tabbies”!!!

2 Likes

I don’t think I’d be interested in making these for people (maybe a couple, if asked nicely). :wink: I’ve pretty much finished the improvements mentioned, and put the file on Thingiverse.

Maybe it’ll “meet the bar,” get added to the readme. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

heh ;-).

The bar is super low :star_struck:. Add it to docs/README.md and send in a pull request and then it will magically be the page at www.meshtastic.org. :wink:

Cloned, new branch, made edits, tried to push but access denied. It’s just two new lines, if someone wants to add them.

Edit: Thanks for the tip/link below, I think I followed the directions properly. We’ll see! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It sounds like you have almost mastered GitHub. I think the missing step is not trying to push to the root repo, but instead push to your fork and then click “send pull request”. More info here:

2 Likes

Credit goes to Allen Derusha for designing this case https://www.thingiverse.com/svideo
and the online 3d printing service that made it look even better

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4168101 so the case does not get lost

Hey guys,

yesterday I finished a new case for my T22_v1.1 20191212 TBeam. There are several designs on thingiverse, but most of them are for the TBeams with SMA antenna connector and those boards have an IPEX connector. So before remixing a design I created my own with different lids and a very special feature:

A inserted PET plastic glass window

More instructions and comments are here:

PS: If somebody wants this to be waterproof, I will remove the buttons and the USB cutout and someone can put a thin line of silicon around the antenna hole (and the lid). But I think there’s no need on the lid if it doesn’t stand/swim in water.

PPS: I will send in a pull request, to add this to the README.md if desired.

4 Likes

Hi everyone made this case for the TTGO T-Beam V1.1 ESP32 LORA with GPS NEO-M8N
If anyone wants it, it’s on MyMiniFactory

5 Likes

Nice! Does anyone have a recommendation for a online order option to fab a case if I don’t already have a 3D printer???

It’s not 3D printed, but cheap and works! Weatherproof and fits T-Beam with 915 antenna.

9 Likes

I would ask via social media if there is somebody around who has a printer. You will get sufficient quality for a few bucks.

Otherwise every 3D printing service should be fine…

www.3dhubs.com is kind of like Uber for 3D printing (it predated Uber). So that would hook you up with local makers.

https://www.shapeways.com/ has been a big name in professional 3dprinting-as-a-service for a long time.

Otherwise, yeah search for a reddit/fb group for local 3D printing, or search for a local hackerspace, they will have a 3D printer you can use.

In Australia OfficeWorks does 3D printing (I think in the US, the equivalent is Staples).

Also some Libraries offer a 3D printing service.

1 Like

So, I got an idea. how about making a case for the TTGO, without battery, but shaped as a universal phone case/holder and an OTG cord for power? then you can just slap the device on the back of your phone, and take the power from it.

If/When the app supports OTG, there won’t even be a need for bluetooth, putting the phone in airplane mode, saving power.

1 Like

Just tested this in the latest app, and it is totally doable :heart:. If anyone can make such a case, I would order at least 3 for a start, and many more in time as finances allow.

Connected usb on the go the LilyGO TTGO T3 LoRa32 868MHz V2.1.6 ESP32, may have found a bug.
The screen can no longer be switched (pressing the pin 12-> ground) button. Stuck at screen 1.
Board needs a soft reboot to switch between screens again. After some minutes it freezes on the current screen.

1 Like

There is a bug open for this. Disabling the button while the USB api was in use was a dumb choice I thought made sense. :smirk:

1 Like

If anyone is looking for a cheap and easy way to protect your device somewhat, I’ve found that 65mm heat shrink tubing works for T-Beams with SMA connectors on them, and 50mm tubing works for the new boards with UFL connectors on them. Take care shrinking them, I just use a hair dryer, so you don’t nuke your battery or anything. I’ve been cutting holes in them for the USB connector and antenna. If you work the buttons with a little care, you can use them through the heat shrink.

10 Likes

@isinglass, you forgot to remove the screen protector foils… :wink:

I wonder if it is good to put the GPS angenna right beneath the SMA Connector? Will it both infere with each other?

I also wonder, how stiff the shrink tube is, will the LCD Glass break if you throw it in a bag an carry it around?
Btw, is it waterproof?

What kind of protection did you try to accomplish? :smile:

Yeah, you got me, i’m one of those weirdos who leaves the screen protectors on… :wink:

I just left the stock GPS antenna in the stock location. I’m sure there’s better ways to go, but for my purposes, the performance is adequate.

I didn’t say it offered much protection! But I already had the shrink wrap and I figure it will keep gunk out and maybe prevent components from getting shorted out or something. It’s gotta be better than nothing!

2 Likes