Thanks for the quick reports!
REMINDER If you are new to meshtastic - you should stay with the 1.1.x device and app releases for now ;-). 1.2 is going well but I think it is about a week before it is ready for new users.
There is no new android release yet, probably not till late next week for that one. Because I’m going out of town most of next week. While out of town I’ll fix the 2-3 bugs ya’ll kindly reported in 1.2.7.
This release contains fixes for the following things:
- Nasty assertion failure that I should have noticed by running the integration tests
- Turn off store and forward plugin (turned on accidentally in 1.2.9)
I’m also releasing an android app with this change (no important android code changes, but will contain this new firmware)
Third public alpha of this major release chain. I think at this rate within a week it will be ‘definitely better’ than 1.1.x.
- Unless you truly want to be an ALPHA tester, you should stay with the 1.1.x device and app releases for now
- firmware builds are now region independent. You must use the android (in the settings tab) or python (with --set region X) tools to set the region for your radio and location. However, we try to preserve old region info, so if you are updating it will try to keep your region correctly. If we don’t know your region we guess and use USA frequencies.
- The URLs sent by meshtastic 1.2 can only be understood by mesthastic 1.2 or later
- Settings & channels can now be changed remotely via messages inside the mesh (not yet ready for testing by ya’ll yet - first I want to make a python testharness)
- We now ‘piggyback’ acks on application layer replies, this substantially reduces airtime consumed
- Multiple channels are simultaneously supported (not yet ready for testing though - please wait until I write a full wiki on the topic)
- Lots of internal cleanup which will result in smaller/faster packets
Full list of changes: