This release contains fixes to the following things your testing found:
- Sleep indication was wrong in the app (due to something I moved incorrectly in the device cleanup)
- Message acks were not showing in the app
- is_low_power wasn’t forcing sleep like it should (this has been broken for a while)
- add RU region
I’m also releasing an android app with this change (no important android code changes, but will contain this new firmware)
Third public alpha of this major release chain. I think at this rate within a week it will be ‘definitely better’ than 1.1.x.
- Unless you truly want to be an ALPHA tester, you should stay with the 1.1.x device and app releases for now
- Some security features are not yet turned on in this 1.2 release, that will take another couple of weeks
- firmware builds are now region independent. You must use the android (in the settings tab) or python (with --set region X) tools to set the region for your radio and location. However, we try to preserve old region info, so if you are updating it will try to keep your region correctly. If we don’t know your region we guess and use USA frequencies.
- The URLs sent by meshtastic 1.2 can only be understood by mesthastic 1.2 or later
- Settings & channels can now be changed remotely via messages inside the mesh (not yet ready for testing by ya’ll yet - first I want to make a python testharness)
- We now ‘piggyback’ acks on application layer replies, this substantially reduces airtime consumed
- Multiple channels are simultaneously supported (not yet ready for testing though - please wait until I write a full wiki on the topic)
- Lots of internal cleanup which will result in smaller/faster packets